Master of Research Studies
The Master of Research Studies program cultivates advanced research skills and scholarly expertise. Participants engage in rigorous training in research methodologies, critical analysis, and academic writing. This program equips graduates with the ability to undertake independent research, contribute to their chosen field's knowledge base, and pursue further academic or professional opportunities. It is designed for individuals seeking to make significant contributions to the advancement of knowledge and innovation in their respective disciplines.
- Method Face to Face / Blended / E-Learning
- Duration 12 months
- MQA level 9
- Language English
- Course Code MRS
- Be able to understand applied social research in the real world.
- Develop competencies in research design; sampling; data collection and analysis and interpretation.
- Facilitate to students to specialize their research skill on, market research, consumer behaviour, policy analysis for both private and public sector, human resource audit and organizational audit, understanding financial performance, educational research and inclusive education, media research and analysis
- Familiarize to use advanced information technology tools for social research analysis.
Critical Thinking130 hours
Academic Writing and Publishing120 hours
Information Technology for Research130 hours
Quantitative Research Methods150 hours
Qualitative Research Methods150 hours
- A related Bachelor‟s Degree OR
- A related Graduate Diploma at Level 8
- 25 years old, completion of a related Level 5 qualification, and 7 years of relevant experience (of which 3.5 years of experience is obtained after completion of a Level 5 qualification), and completion of an MQA approved Pre-Master‟s Program. OR
- 25 years old, completion of a related Level 6 qualification, and 6 years of relevant experience (of which 3 years of experience is obtained after completion of a Level 6 qualification), and completion of an MQA approved Pre-Master‟s Program
120 credits (1 year (30 weeks) full-time)
Total fee | MVR 47658
Year 1 | MVR 3666 / Month
The College may find it necessary in some circumstances to postpone or discontinue certain courses, particularly when they do not reach the prescribed minimum class size (atleast 10 per batch).