BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
This BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance course is especially designed to equip students with the knowledge and technical skills required to meet the needs and demands of the profession. It is a 360 credit study programme at level 7 of MNQF. Upon the successful completion of this course, students would be able to claim up to a maximum of 9 exemptions in ACCA, enabling them to be both academically and professionally qualified accountants. UWL’s accounting and finance course opens up a range of opportunities in a multitude of industries across the world, and our graduates are currently employed at banks and financial institutions, accounting and management consultancy firms, five-star hotel chains, and healthcare organisations, to name a few.
- Method Face to Face
- Duration 36 months
- MQA level 7
- Language English
- Course Code BAAF
- Equip students with a body of technical knowledge in accounting and finance, and transferable skills to enable them to contribute and develop in the modern business world and become workready finance professionals.
- Develop students’ academic skills, particularly on writing, presentation, reporting and critical thinking
- Develop independent learners with global perspectives and strategic thinking for a lifelonglearning and ability to participate in knowledgeable debates of current issues in Accounting and Finance related topics.
- Empower students from a variety of educational backgrounds to fulfil their academic potential.
Introduction to Financial Accounting200 hours
Professional Skills200 hours
Quantitative Methods200 hours
Introduction to Management Accounting200 hours
Introduction to Economics200 hours
Workplace Employability Skills200 hours
Auditing in Context200 hours
Financial Accounting200 hours
Business and Corporate Law200 hours
Management Accounting200 hours
Financial Management200 hours
Corporate Finance200 hours
Financial Reporting200 hours
Performance Management and control200 hours
Auditing (Optional)200 hours
Personal and corporate taxation (Optional)200 hours
Analysis Project on current issues in Accounting and finance (Optional)200 hours
Blockchain Technologies in Finance (Optional)200 hours
- Successful completion of Higher Secondary Education OR
- Attainment of a Level 4 qualification in a related field OR
- Attainment of a Level 4 Foundation Study Program approved for the specific Diploma program.
- Completion of a Level 4 qualification (unrelated), and successful completion of an MQA approved University Preparation Program OR
- 20 years old, completion of secondary school, 2 years of relevant work experience, and successful completion of an MQA approved University Preparation Program
360 credits (3 years full-time)
Total fee | MVR 158730
Year 1 | MVR 4290 / Month
Year 2 | MVR 4290 / Month
Year 3 | MVR 4290 / Month
The College may find it necessary in some circumstances to postpone or discontinue certain courses, particularly when they do not reach the prescribed minimum class size (atleast 10 per batch).