Master of Educational Leadership and Management
Master of Educational Leadership and Management is a program designed to prepare graduates for leadership roles in educational institutions. It provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively manage and lead schools, colleges, universities, or other educational institutions. The program emphasizes on developing leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills, as well as an understanding of educational policies and practices. Graduates of this program are equipped to take on various roles in educational leadership, including principals, superintendents, academic deans, and education consultants, among others.
- Method Face to Face / Blended / E-Learning
- Duration 12 months
- MQA level 9
- Language English
- Course Code MELM
- Show critical understanding of the complex forces that influence organizational leadership and management
- Develop a better understanding of leadership challenges that come with career growth and advanced leadership positions; and develop capabilities to meet these challenges.
- Develop sound understanding of the factors that impact on policy development and implementation in education
- Demonstrate clear appreciation of current issues in leadership and management at international, national and organizational level through debates, discussion and research.
Leaders and Leadership in Educational Contexts120 minutes
Organizational development theories120 minutes
Teaching and Pedagogical Perspectives120 minutes
Special and Inclusive Education120 minutes
Enquiry and Research in Education120 minutes
Curriculum and Instruction120 minutes
Educational governance120 minutes
Leading change in the digital age120 minutes
- A related Bachelor‟s Degree OR
- A related Graduate Diploma at Level 8
- 25 years old, completion of a related Level 5 qualification, and 7 years of relevant experience (of which 3.5 years of experience is obtained after completion of a Level 5 qualification), and completion of an MQA approved Pre-Master‟s Program. OR
- 25 years old, completion of a related Level 6 qualification, and 6 years of relevant experience (of which 3 years of experience is obtained after completion of a Level 6 qualification), and completion of an MQA approved Pre-Master‟s Program
120 credits (1 year (30 weeks) full-time)
Total fee | MVR 65000
Year 1 | MVR 5000 / Month
The College may find it necessary in some circumstances to postpone or discontinue certain courses, particularly when they do not reach the prescribed minimum class size (atleast 10 per batch).