Master of Human Resource Management
This course will focus on critically assessing the role of human resources in modern organizations, from hiring procedures to strategies for motivating employees, and systems for developing and retaining talent. To get ready to be a human resource leader in an increasingly diverse and international workplace with a master’s degree in Human Resource Management. Learn to develop a strategic staffing vision, shape corporate culture and empower organizational change. This one-year, accelerated, program features a curriculum developed and taught by human resource industry executives, and includes preparation for human resource professional certification exams
- Method Face to Face / Blended / E-Learning
- Duration 12 months
- MQA level 9
- Language English
- Course Code MHRM
- Analyze the major challenges of recruiting and staffing in today’s labor market to include internal and external recruitment, retention and legal compliance
- Examine needs assessment, the development and evaluation of training, and the linking of training to workplace skills and productivity.
- Develop overall leadership and team building skills to become a more effective change agent and achieve desired business outcomes.
- Examine the legal dynamics employers encounter with respect to the various human resource management functions including issues surrounding workplace diversity, privacy, safety, and dispute resolution.
Organizational Development and Change120 hours
Strategic Human Resource Management120 hours
Research Methods120 hours
Recruitment and Selection120 hours
Employee Training & Development120 hours
Talent and Performance Management120 hours
Organizational Health and Safety120 hours
Industrial Relations and Employment Law120 hours
International Human Resource Management (OPTION 1)120 hours
Leadership Effectiveness (OPTION 1)120 hours
Dissertation (OPTION 2)240 hours
- A related Bachelor‟s Degree OR
- A related Graduate Diploma at Level 8
- 25 years old, completion of a related Level 5 qualification, and 7 years of relevant experience (of which 3.5 years of experience is obtained after completion of a Level 5 qualification), and completion of an MQA approved Pre-Master‟s Program. OR
- 25 years old, completion of a related Level 6 qualification, and 6 years of relevant experience (of which 3 years of experience is obtained after completion of a Level 6 qualification), and completion of an MQA approved Pre-Master‟s Program
120 credits (1 year (30 weeks) full-time)
Total fee | MVR 52000
Year 1 | MVR 4000 / Month
The College may find it necessary in some circumstances to postpone or discontinue certain courses, particularly when they do not reach the prescribed minimum class size (atleast 10 per batch).